The words ‘winter holidays’ are synonymous with festivity, partying, and cold lazy mornings. It’s the time of year most of us look forward to, and with all due reason! During this time of year, the cloud of gloom and monotony is automatically replaced with cheerfulness. And while this winter holiday season is something we’re all eagerly looking forward to, how can this winter season be further utilized by students?
We’ve put together some of the most popular (and productive) ways a student can utilize this holiday season, in terms of both academic development and personal growth.
- Do that course you’ve always wanted to – We’ve all thought about that one course that we would love to take up, if only we had the few extra hours. Well, guess what? This winter holiday season is your chance to do it. With the additional hours on hand and the lack of an airtight schedule, you can finally make time for it. Find out what courses your university offers during the winter season. And if you’re thinking of doing an online course, the possibilities are infinite.
- Diversify – Our everyday lives are often too rigid to include all that we want to try out or accomplish. This holiday season, diversify your knowledge and understanding. From taking Thai cooking classes to learning German, utilize your holiday by learning something you’ll never forget.
- Tick off your pending work – Almost all of us have some pending work, the question is, how much do you have? Make a list of all the errands that need running and all the assignments that need finishing. Start ticking them off during your holidays. By the end of the season, you’ll be free from a lot of unnecessary headaches.
- Bolster your Academic Writing- Struggling through every assignment or task because you lack confidence in academic writing? There is no better time than the winter holiday season to get academic writing help. This can really give you an edge over your classmates before school reopens!
- Finish your list of Recommended Reading- Once the semester starts, time goes by faster than we can imagine. Which means, nine times out of ten, you’ll have more work than you can handle. One of the easiest ways to avoid this overload is by finishing your list of recommended reading for your course. Not only will this make things easier for you timewise, you’ll be impressing every teacher with your learnings.
- Play your part in Society- Other than all of the obvious reasons to love holidays, there are a few more reasons that make winter holidays extra special. No matter what religion you have faith in, the winter season is time to reconnect with those around you. It is the time to help others in whatever way you can, to be generous and kind to one and all, in the spirit of the holidays. Utilize this season for a life-changing experience. From visiting old age homes to community service, every effort counts.
- Showcase your Skills in your Project – We understand how difficult it is to work hard during the winter. But that’s exactly why we urge you to utilize it wisely. While most of your peers will be sluggish about your winter holiday academic project, you can employ this time to your benefit.
- Expand your resume- There’s nothing better than adding some work experience or internships to your resume. This is a great learning experience and will help you understand dynamics outside of a classroom. Even if it’s only for a short duration, the experience is extremely sought after in the work field. And who minds an extra paycheque anyway?
- Get a Headstart – If you tactfully utilize your winter holidays preparing for the upcoming semester, we guarantee that you won’t be sorry. Getting a head start can include going through textbooks and related websites, brushing up your subject basics, or identifying what you find most interesting in the curriculum. In the process, you will also be able to identify where your weakness lies and will require a little extra work.
- Take out time for yourself- The word ‘utilization’ loosely translates as, to make use of. In this article, we’ve discussed several ways to make progress in your academic and professional life, and even as a member of society. Last but definitely not least, let’s consider how important it is to take out time for yourself. Do the little things that make you happy. Take out those mountain boots, and go for a solo trek. Whip up a dessert and binge watch Game of Thrones.
Are you ready to kick-start this holiday season? Let us know, how you plan to utilize your holidays this year around. Happy Holidays!
Bio: Aparajita Das works as a contributor writer of scribblersjunction.com. She also shares her expertise through her well-researched articles on various topics.